Man Boobs also known by its medical term as Gynecomastia which is Greek for women like breasts, is a wide spread condition and effects around 40 to 70 percent of all males. It may affect only one breast or both and it is an extremely embarrassing condition for those suffering from it. Teenage boys or adult males can be burdened with this condition and typically, self-consciousness and obsessive thinking becomes the norm.
people with gynecomastia work overtime to camouflage their unwanted protrusions. They wear loose clothing and avoid any activities that want baring their chests in public places.
Men with gynecomastia generally have a deep seeded desire to get rid of their manboobs or moobs as they are commonly known, and often withdraw socially to avoid exposure and in spite of their anguish, have a reluctance to talk about their condition with anyone. They feel abnormal, can be sometimes confused about their masculinity, and frequently suffer from social embarrassment and psychological distress. Understandably, such a condition can also have a devastating effect on personal relationships and intimacy with members of the opposite sex.
The first point of consideration for those closest to a sufferer, especially in the case of a youthful male, is to acknowledge the symptoms mainly through any obvious changes or changes in a kid’s behavior, and be well prepared to offer as much support as possible.
To the end, the first step to helping them take care of the solution is to encourage them to learn about the condition: it is prevalence, its causes and its remedies. This will help those to view their unwanted breast development as the common male condition that it is, somewhat compared to an unusualness. Then a trip to the doctor would more than likely be their next move to determine the type and severity of the condition.
Causes of Gynaecomastia or ‘man boobs’
Gynecomastia is triggered by a decrease in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. The cause of this decrease can be conditions that block the effects of or reduce testosterone or a condition that increases your estrogen level. Several things can upset the hormone balance. however, once its causes have been identified, gynecomastia can usually be reversed with a few simple changes to their everyday lifestyle. The causes of gynecomastia are numerous, for example:
- Gynecomastia can develop because of unhealthy weight (OBESITY)
- In body builders who often use muscle-building bodily hormones
- In athletes as a result of steroid use.
- From smoking marijuana and alcohol ingestion in excess.
- From the prolonged use of certain prescription drugs or perhaps the misuse of other drugs.
Several health conditions can cause gynecomastia by changing the regular balance of human hormones. For instance:
- Hypogonadism. Any of the conditions that obstruct with normal testosterone development, such as Klinefelter problem or pituitary insufficiency, can be associated with man boobs.
- Hormone changes that occur with normal increasing age can cause gynecomastia, particularly in men who are overweight.
- Some tumors, such as those involving the testes, adrenal glands or pituitary gland, can produce hormones that alter the male-female hormone balance.
- In this condition, the thyroid gland produces too much of the junk thyroxine.
- Kidney failure. Half of people being cured with regular hemodialysis experience gynecomastia due to junk changes.
- Liver failure and cirrhosis. Hormonal fluctuations related to liver problems as well as medications considered for cirrhosis are associated with gynecomastia.
- Malnutrition and starvation. As soon as your body is deprived of enough nourishment, testosterone levels drop, but estrogen levels remain frequent, triggering a hormonal disproportion. Gynecomastia can also happen once normal nutrition maintains.